Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is the process by which we request items from other libraries outside of our system. We can't purchase or subscribe to every useful resource published so we partner with other libraries across the country to make more items available to you.
REQUESTING AN ITEM
Library card holders in good standing are eligible to use this service. Please use this form (PDF) when requesting an item to ensure accuracy. You can also request an ILL item in person at the front desk, by phone at 509-659-1222 or through email. We typically request items from other libraries within our region, but it can still take up to 4-6 weeks to receive an item.
PICKING UP AN ITEM
We will contact you once your item arrives and have it waiting for you at the front desk. You will be expected to pay the postage to return the item (typically between $2-$4) at the time you pick it up.
RENEWING AN ITEM
If you need to keep an ILL item beyond it's due date, please contact the Library at least 3 days before the item is due. Some libraries do not renew ILL items, however, and many have begun instituting overdue fines for ILL items.
WHAT CAN I BORROW?
- Books (including Audiobooks on cassette or CD) published more than 6 months ago
- Photocopies of journal/magazine articles or genealogical information
- Microfilm or fiche of newspapers
- Theses or dissertations
WHAT CAN'T I BORROW?
- Items we already own (check our catalog first)
- Items published within the previous 6 months
- DVDs or VHS
- Downloadable audiobooks and eBooks (check our collection first)
- Computer or video games in any format
- CDs or music cassettes
- Entire issues of magazines (libraries will not lend an entire issue of a magazine, but may provide photocopies of individual articles instead)
For more information, see our Interlibrary Loan policy here.
- DIGITAL LIBRARY
- EVENTS & PROGRAMS
- DATABASES & WEBSITES
- RESEARCH & GENEALOGY
- ABOUT THE LIBRARY
- SUPPORT YOUR LIBRARY
- Elevator Project
All Staff Training Day